Handheld Digital Magnifier
From the Amazon website: The SmartLux Digital is a revolutionary, portable video magnifier that has a mutitude of features. The large 5" LCD TFT display provides 5x, 7x, 9x, or 12x magnification (even less when used in hand-held mode) along with 5 different viewing modes that include full color, black on white, white on black, black on yellow, and yellow on black. Illumination is provided by 2 hi-tech SMD LEDs and the tactile control buttons are easy to understand and use. Images can be captured and up to 20 can be stored. The SmartLux Digital features a generous depth of focus and includes a stand that, when placed in its fully extended position, is ideal for reading. When placed in its half-extended position, it is ideal for writing. The two small SMD-LEDs on the underside of the device can be switched off when viewing other backlit displays, such as cell phones, to avoid screen glare. The screen is hard-coated for protection and is made with an additional anti-glare layer of film. The device is completely portable at a lightweight of 7.8 ounces and fits in a purse or large pocket. Simple control buttons are symbolically marked and there are only 3 to learn: On/Off, Magnification setting, and the Contrast Mode. Features: * Display: 5 inch LED backlit LCD TFT display with contrast ration 600:1 * Magnification: 5x, 7x, 9x, and 12x * Color Modes: Full color, black on white, white on black, black on yellow, yellow black * Weight: 7.8 oz * Dimensions: 3½ in W x 6½ in L x 1¼ in H * Power: Rechargeable; power cord with attachments included * Run Time: Operating time is 2½ hours * Charging Time: 2 hours *
- In order to borrow a device a patron must have a SAILS Library card in good standing and must sign the Device Loan Agreement.
- Devices are available to be borrowed in person at the Pembroke Public Library.
- Devices are not available for loan between libraries or for Interlibrary Loan outside the Network.
- The Device must be returned to the Circulation Desk at the Library where it was borrowed. It cannot be placed in a book drop or returned to any other Library.
- Devices are limited to one at a time per patron, for each type of device.
- 7 Day Loan
- No renewals
- The library is not responsible for any costs incurred or damage to personal equipment while borrowers use the devices or for the security of connected patron devices, if applicable.
- The library does its best to provide clean and fully functional equipment, but is not responsible for unforeseen hardware or software failure.
- Borrowers are responsible for the safe-keeping and return of these items to the library in good working order and assume liability for the equipment while it is in their care.
- Borrower is responsible for damaged and/or missing pieces of the package: Value of this item: $580.00.
All Library of Things items are funded through generous donations from the Friends of the Pembroke Public Library.