Testing & Education Reference Center
Testing & Education Reference Center (TERC) is a valuable online tool used by library patrons of all ages for standardized test preparation, researching undergraduate and graduate programs, finding tuition assistance, and exploring careers. Community members can even pursue new career paths with test prep assistance for career certification exams and gain advice on resumes, cover letters, interviewing, and networking. This resource is library funded.
Log in here with your Pembroke Public Library card.
Watch a quick tutorial to discover how easy it is to use Testing & Education Reference Center!
Resources offered include:
- Test prep—Full-length, timed practice exams that simulate the actual testing experience for AP, ACT, SAT, PSAT, GED, HiSET, and TASC exams. Diagnostic pre-tests help students determine where they stand and how much preparation they need before taking an exam. Other practice exams includes Real Estate, Police, Firefighter, NCLEX-RN, Postal, and much more.
- College planning—Intuitive searches and quick results deliver information on more than 4,000 accredited schools, including school location, tuition, academics, admission requirements, campus life, and much more.
- Financial aid tools—Benefit from an undergraduate scholarship search, financial aid award analyzer, college savings calculator, tuition cost finder, and more.
- Career development—The Resume Builder and Virtual Careers Library tools assist students in building essential career skills—like how to build a resume, cover letter, and interviewing tips for users at all career stages. Using the Career Module, tests help users map interests and aptitudes to the most suitable job categories, industries, and occupations.
- International tools—Help individuals prepare to pass the TOEFL (iBT), TOEFL (PBT), TOEIC, and U.S. Citizenship tests with online practice tests and eBooks.