Get Your Garden Ready
Spring is on its way and soon there will be a frenzy of seed sowing, growing, and nurturing the garden as it comes back to life. Put these resources to use in your own garden this growing season!
New to Everything?
- Start with the the basics. Birds and Bloom has great articles about selecting seeds and plants, getting the right tools, different types of gardens, and more.
- Get your kids into gardening with some easy guides from KidsGardening.org. Many articles contain great teaching moments!
- Do you only have space for indoor plants? Visit Apartment Therapy's What to Expect When You're Becoming a Plant Parent guide to learn about selecting the right plant(s) and caring for them.
Learn how to create a "Pest-Resistant Garden" on the Fix Blog.
Gardening in MA
- Pembroke, MA Planting Calendar: Find the best dates for planting vegetables and fruit in your garden! The Farmer's Almanac planting calendar calculates the best time to start seeds indoors and outdoors, as well as when to plant young plants outside.
- Massachusetts Master Gardener Association has dozens of fact sheets for general and local gardening tips including information about pests, soil testing, and backyard berries.
- Discover MA Garden Clubs (including our local Mattakeesett Garden Club of Pembroke) and look forward to joining one and take photos of your garden to share at future meetings!