Just for Kids At-Home Activities
Kids are smart, creative, and active so we're here to give you plenty of ideas to put all that energy towards something amazing!
Learn a New Skill
New Victory Arts Break
Explore the arts at home! New Victory Arts Break offers ideas for teachers and families to incorporate performing arts into their online learning. Each week will focus on a different art form with a series of free activities for kids guided by New Victory Teaching Artists with topics like juggling, magic, and puppetry!
Genealogy for the Next Generation
The New England Historic Genealogical Society has exercises that are designed to teach critical skills while encouraging kids to explore their personal connection to the past. Kids can become a photo detective, go on a family history scavenger hunt, and create a Family Tree.
Art & Creativity
Dav Pilkey At Home encourages kids to get creative and have fun with some of your favorite characters from Dog Man and Captain Underpants! Watch drawing tutorials, answer creative questions, and print out cool activities.
DC Kids Camp is a new program from the comics publisher offering kid-friendly superhero activities such as draw alongs and crafting tutorials with some the talented comics creators. Jump right in by visiting them or searching #DCKidsCamp on Instagram or Twitter.
Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems allows learners worldwide to draw, doodle, and explore new ways of writing by visiting Mo’s studio through a 15 episode series of videos with a certificate of graduation and a DIY Pigeon book available for download at the end.
Keep a Quest Journal! Every day of this journal allows you to write down two or three things that you want to do for the day. There are also side quests, pages to color, and writing and drawing prompts. Download the PDF file, print, and cut. There are enough single pages then for a full month. You can do them in any order!
- Follow and origami algorithm. An algorithm is a list of steps that tells you what to do. A recipe is an algorithm and sheet music is an algorithm, too. Algorithms are the first step in planning a computer program. Did you know that you can follow an algorithm to make an origami boat?
- Build a LEGO Challenge with ideas like creating a piggy bank or building a Family Tree.
- Create Unicorn Slime shaving cream, glue, food dye, and a few other magical ingredients. Disclaimer: this craft may stain clothes and is best made with adult supervision.
STEM & Logic
Wonderopolis encourages kids to ask and answer questions every day. Each "Wonder of the Day" is designed to get kids and families to read, think, talk, and find learning moments together in everyday life.
Digital Escape Rooms workout your mind and give you plenty of opportunities to build skills in observation, logic, math, reading, and more! Pick a favorite and try it out:
Based on Books
Based on Books
- Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library - Created by: Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library
- Escape from Treasure Island - Created by: Andover Public Library
- Escape to Narnia - Created by: The County Library (Salt Lake)
- JUMANJI Digital Escape Room - Created by: The County Library (Salt Lake)
- Mufaro’s Beautiful Daughters Escape Room - Created by: Nashville Public Library
- Pete the Cat and the Birthday Party Mystery - Created by: Abington Free Library
- Roald Dahl Digital Escape - Created by: Willoughby City Library
- Treasure Island Digital Escape - Created by: The County Library (Salt Lake)
- American Revolution: The British Are Coming - Created by: York County School Division
- Asteroid Collision - Created by: York County School Division
- Famous People: Americans - Created by: York County School Division
- Fortnite (Reading Comprehension) - Created by: Schaumburg Community Consolidated School District 54
- Google Earth Scavenger Hunt - Created by: The County Library (Salt Lake)
- Looney Tunes - Created by: TeacherJBrooks, via Teachers Pay Teachers
- Native Americans - Created by: York County School Division
- Rescue the Revolution!
- The Smurfs - Created by: TeacherJBrooks, via Teachers Pay Teachers
- States of Matter: What’s the Matter? - Created by: York County School Division
- Can You Make it through the Enchanted Forest? - Created by: Needham Public Library
- Cinderella Escapes - Created by: Henika District Library
- Escape the Fairy Tale: Part 1 - Created by: Needham Public Library
- Escape the Fairy Tale: Part 2 - Created by: Needham Public Library
- Mermaid Escape Room - Created by: Kendal B, 6th Grade Girl Scout Cadette
- Mother Goose Mystery - Created by: The County Library (Salt Lake)
- Taneytown Library Fairy Tale Escape Room
- Harry Potter: Escaping Detention - Created by: Plymouth Public Library
- Harry Potter Escape Room - Created by: PCPL
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Escape Room - The one that started it all! - Created by: Township Public Library
- Harry Potter: Locked in Hogwarts - Created by: Williamsburg Regional Library
- Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth Escape Room - Created by: Ramara Public Library
- Magical Disney Lock-In - Created by: Richmond Hill Public Library
- Marvel’s Avengers: Escape from the Hydra Base! - Created by: Richmond Hill Public Library
- Marvel: Defeat Thanos and Save the World! - Created by: Mesa Public Library
- Minecraft Escape Room - Created by: Regency Park Library
- Pokemon: Pikachu’s Rescue
- Pokemon: Pokemon Panic Escape Room - Created by: Richmond Hill Public Library
- Sher-Lock Digital Escape Room - Created by: The County Library (Salt Lake)
- Sherlock Holmes: The Missing Tiger - Created by: Cotsen Children’s Library
- Shrek Themed Escape Room - Created by: Librarian Laura Escamilla
- Star Wars Digital Escape Room - Created by the Dover Area Community Library
- STAR WARS: Escape from Star Killer Base! - Created by: Richmond Hill Public Library
- STAR WARS: May the 4th Be With You - created by Rocky Mountain House Public Library, Alberta, Canada