At the Library
Storytime Mondays & Tuesdays @ 10:30am
Drop-In storytime is for children ages 2 to 5 and includes stories, songs, rhymes, movements, and a craft all designed to help your toddlers learn and grow. If you and your child are new to storytime, please see our Storytime Guidelines.
Not able to get to the library? We have plenty of stories online! Enjoy picture books together with read-along narration to increase word recognition and confidence.
DayByDayNY offers daily early literacy ideas and activities for families with young children. Each month features a monthly theme with accompanying books, songs, activities, health information, and more to help engage young children in building a love of literacy and learning. This program is sponsored by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and New York state.
Mem Fox's Ten Read-Aloud Commandments
Make the most of your time with a child in your life and read every day.
- Book Connection hosts links to 1,000+ full book and poem readings along with activity and discussion guides for after storytime.
- Brightly Storytime has full-length picture book read-alouds with new videos uploaded every week.
- KidLit TV features storytime read-alouds, art sessions with illustrators, and book-inspired crafts.
- The Fable Cottage presents bilingual tales recorded by native speakers. Each tale is available in English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian with illustrations throughout the translations.
- Story Girl reads you new, exciting books and asks engaging questions for an immersive reading experience that you can access anywhere, anytime. It's a great way to get kids pre-K to second grade excited about reading and practicing essential skills such as critical thinking and social-emotional learning.
- Storyline Online streams videos of celebrated actors reading books aloud. Each book is paired with an activity guide for educators and caregivers.
- Storytime from Space features astronauts reading picture books while aboard the International Space Station.
- Tata Storytime is an online kids show for pre-K to age 8 kids where actors of color read beautiful picture books by authors from African, Caribbean & African American heritage.
- Ukulele Storytimes are great for babies and young toddlers. Join Rose in Baby Rhyme Time or watch short videos of classic songs to sing together.
Featured Storytime Video: Anansi and the Golden Pot, Read Aloud with Taiye Selasi