The library will not be hosting any on-site events during its closure. All events are currently virtual. And it's not just us! Libraries across the state are offering virtual programming open to all. Visit the MA Library Events Calendar to find workshops, clubs, storytimes, and more for all ages!
DayByDayNY offers daily early literacy ideas and activities for families with young children. Each month features a monthly theme with accompanying books, songs, activities, health information, and more to help engage young children in building a love of literacy and learning. This program is sponsored by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and New York state.
- Audible Stories is currently offering dozens of free titles for kids to listen to from well-known and budding authors.
- Book Connection hosts links to 1,000+ full book and poem readings along with activity and discussion guides for after storytime.
- Brightly Storytime has full-length picture book read-alouds with new videos uploaded every week.
- KidLit TV features storytime read-alouds, art sessions with illustrators, and book-inspired crafts.
- The Fable Cottage presents bilingual tales recorded by native speakers. Each tale is available in English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian with illustrations throughout the translations.
- Storyline Online streams videos of celebrated actors reading books aloud. Each book is paired with an activity guide for educators and caregivers.
- Storytime from Space features astronauts reading picture books while aboard the International Space Station.
- Tata Storytime is an online kids show for pre-K to age 8 kids where actors of color read beautiful picture books by authors from African, Caribbean & African American heritage.