At the Library
DayByDayNY offers daily early literacy ideas and activities for families with young children. Each month features a monthly theme with accompanying books, songs, activities, health information, and more to help engage young children in building a love of literacy and learning. This program is sponsored by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and New York state.
- Book Connection hosts links to 1,000+ full book and poem readings along with activity and discussion guides for after storytime.
- Brightly Storytime has full-length picture book read-alouds with new videos uploaded every week.
- KidLit TV features storytime read-alouds, art sessions with illustrators, and book-inspired crafts.
- The Fable Cottage presents bilingual tales recorded by native speakers. Each tale is available in English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian with illustrations throughout the translations.
- Story Girl reads you new, exciting books and asks engaging questions for an immersive reading experience that you can access anywhere, anytime. It's a great way to get kids pre-K to second grade excited about reading and practicing essential skills such as critical thinking and social-emotional learning.
- Storyline Online streams videos of celebrated actors reading books aloud. Each book is paired with an activity guide for educators and caregivers.
- Storytime from Space features astronauts reading picture books while aboard the International Space Station.
- Tata Storytime is an online kids show for pre-K to age 8 kids where actors of color read beautiful picture books by authors from African, Caribbean & African American heritage.
- Ukulele Storytimes are great for babies and young toddlers. Join Rose in Baby Rhyme Time or watch short videos of classic songs to sing together.
Featured Storytime Video: Anansi and the Golden Pot, Read Aloud with Taiye Selasi